lowering the maintenance burden of open source projects
- Automation: Continuous Integration, Bots
- Clear guidelines: Templates, code style, linters
- Limiting available attention (for example not accepting pull-requests)
- Distributing costs: creating user-supported forums (see: The interaction between Stackoverflow and Github )
- Increase available attention: see the role of money in open source
Do you like what you read?
Get a weekly e-mail with my latest thoughts, reflections, book reviews, and more.