Aquiles.me

202010261540

First published:

Last Edited:

Number of edits:

@Fo2020Tracking and Analyzing the Brownian Motion of Nano-objects Inside Hollow Core Fibers claims that they can measure size of nanoparticles with an accuracy of just 8nm per particle. However, they claim that their tracks are not long enough to measure diameter in 41% of the cases. I wonder if in the remaining 59% of the analyzed tracks can be good enough as to claim such a small error. They have relied too much on Trackpy, which makes me wonder whether they have enough understanding of the inner workings.

Also, they develop a method of time-weighted histogram building in order to prioritize particles with a longer track. However, there is no mention to the Walker algorithm, which makes me believe the group is not up-to-date regarding nanoparticle tracking analysis techniques.

Tags: #nanoparticle-tracking-in-channels #nanoparticle-diameter-accuracy

Do you like what you read?

Get a weekly e-mail with my latest thoughts, reflections, book reviews, and more.

Aquiles Carattino
Aquiles Carattino
This note you are reading is part of my digital garden. Follow the links to learn more, and remember that these notes evolve over time. After all, this website is not a blog.

Backlinks

© 2020 Aquiles Carattino
Privacy Policy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.